seeing beyond sight


Seeing Beyond Sight illuminates the surprising power and creative potential of photography in an astonishing collection of images created by visually impaired teenagers. I picked this up for two measly dollars in the used book section of my city's library. After I finished reading it, I didn't know how to feel; I felt like a complete toy/tool/ fucking failure. These were some of the most astounding photos I had ever seen.

To the right is the same photo that was used on the cover of this book, to the credit of a thirteen year old boy.

Pick this up if you ever have the chance, I hope it makes you feel something.









"I was thinking
that it would be
sort of hard
for a blind person
to take pictures,
but it's not very hard.
You've just got to
listen.
"
-John V.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RANTLERS

I don't need anyone.