back from the binge










"Tell the wind to bring us back to before this storm. "
Nothing.
"She is mine" he thinks.
A king and queen above them standing statues through this storm. His clothes were heavy now, she spoke of promises but he knows her fear clings to her words like his eyes to the ground. A set of eyes so used to the sky simply can't handle stories of inadequacy.
"We can change the tides and cast our lives in stone."
He seems to be wrong time and time again. The king and queen hold their strings close as the water rises. 
"There are fires in all of us, we're all tired..."
She turned to go inside as he stood. Minutes had gone by before he let out a breath, but before turning to an unsure hand he said,
"It can't be true what people say, time can't be the only remedy. Don't worry about me dear, my name hasn't met the air on too many occasions this year. I told you I could keep you safe, but I spoke too soon it seems, I've spent too many suns convincing myself this is was how it always happened. I replaced feelings for scenes and wasted my life waiting for the tides to change, at the very least lie to me."
She hadn't heard a thing. He knew nothing of life outside this. 
"You can have her." he repeated to the wind. But only the waves could hear him.
I'm so fucking self absorbed, but you're morbid to the core. 
You're more then a demon, you're worse then before
things were never about you and me
it was always you and him, and childish jealousy
you can have her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RANTLERS

I don't need anyone.